Sunday, February 3, 2019

Mario Lemieux (1988-89 Topps #1)

Mario Lemieux
(1984-85 Topps #1)
1988-89 Topps
(Total Cards: 198)


This is the oldest Mario Lemieux card in my possession.

I'll always remember this set... Not only was it Brett Hull's rookie year, but that thumbtack was just so hip and stylish.


1984-85 Topps #1
(card back)
516 points in his first 292 games... Not too shabby.



Brett Hull
(1984-85 Topps #66)
Incidentally, card #66 is Brett Hull. I remember someone at school had the Brett Hull Rookie Card, which used to be valued at $40-50. Now you can buy the whole set for that.

I'd probably snatch up Hull's card if I stumbled upon one... Controversial Stanley Cup winning goal or not...

















Brendan Shanahan
(1984-85 Topps #122)
Didn't realize that Shanny also had a Rookie Card in this set. I seriously wouldn't have recognized him.

No comments:

Post a Comment