![]() |
| Dan Marouelli 1990-91 Pro Set #692 |
Nevermind the fact that cards for coaches and referees is already kinda fucked up in the first place... This is the only hockey card I know of that shows players engaged in an actual fight. Whoo! Gratuitous violence!
Not sure how it got approved for printing, because the I thought NHL doesn't want to promote fighting in the game. I'm sure something like this wouldn't happen today.
It would be interesting to know who the combatants are...
With a Chicago Blackhawks jersey and the letter "P", Mike Peluso is my best guess... Although he only played 2 games for the Hawks in 89-90, he did receive 15 penalty minutes... Pretty sure the other guy is a member of the Minesota North Stars.
Now that I think about it, aren't the Linesmen normally responsible for separating the fighting players after they've tired themselves out?
Marouelli has the orange arm bands of a Referee, not a Linesman...
![]() |
| Joe Reekie (1993-94 Topps Premier #433) |


No comments:
Post a Comment