Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Upper Deck MVP (2003-04 & 2019-20)

Patrick Marleau
2019-20 Upper Deck MVP #185
Although I've been adding to my collection, I hadn't actually opened a sealed pack of cards since 2003-04 (a decade and a half).

Since 2019-20 Upper Deck MVP is more cost-effective than the main Upper Deck set, it hits the mark for this thrifty collector.

















Joe Thornton
2003-04 Upper Deck MVP #31
I believe the only active players to have cards in both 2003-04 and 2019-20 UD MVP sets are Marc-Andre Fleury, Patrick Marleau and Joe Thornton.




















Marc-Andre Fleury RC
2003-04 Upper Deck MVP #461
Wasn't able to pull the short-printed Fleury card from this year's set... Glad that I snagged this one back in '03-04.




















Joe Thornton
2019-20 Upper Deck MVP #202
Joe Thornton is the hands-down winner for most-grizzled looking veteran from 2019-20 Upper Deck MVP...



















Oddly enough, Zdeno Chara is absent from this year's UD MVP set.
Not sure how much lead time before production... Guessing that Chara's injury during the Stanley Cup Finals and speculation of his retirement may have had something to do with the omission from this set.

No comments:

Post a Comment