Sunday, September 13, 2020

This Bud's For You...

Pavel Bure
1993-94 Upper Deck #35
Managed to spot the same fan making appearances on three different hockey cards...

Always noticed the contrasting background characters on this particular card from 1993-94 Upper Deck.

The dude with the beard and sunglasses obviously had nothing to wear to the game, so he draped an American flag over his shoulders... (surely the librarian next to him must have "Shushed" him for his loud attire)
















Brent Gilchrist
1992-93 Fleer Ultra #293

Literally did a double take when I happened upon this card from 1992-93 Fleer Ultra...

It's the exact same guy, wearing the exact same outfit, sitting in the exact same seat (just behind the "w" in "Budweiser").

With millions of sports cards produced, surely this has  happened before.

















Rob Blake
1991-92 Pro Set Platinum #51
Had often noticed this card where Rob Blake is eating his chinstrap...

After scouring my LA Kings cards via TCDB, I spotted the same fan on Rob Blake's card #51 from 1991-92 Pro Set Platinum.

Wearing a black LA Kings jersey, I wouldn't have even noticed him if he wasn't sitting in his favorite seat behind the Budweiser ad.



Gonna keep a lookout for hockey card photos taken in Los Angeles during the early 1990s, just to see if this guy makes additional appearances... Pretty sure I've seen him on other cards, partially cropped out, or out of focus in the distant background.

No comments:

Post a Comment