Thursday, December 17, 2020

Random Re-Pack...

Hungry for hockey, I busted open a random re-pack from my stash.

Only one third were duplicates.  I take it as a win anytime the majority of these "value packs" contain cards that I don't already own.

Andrei Vasilevskiy
2019-20 Upper Deck Artifacts #15
A modern card of this season's Stanley Cup winning goaltender.
Vasilevskiy was voted best netminder the previous season.

Ever notice that guys who win the Vezina trophy eventually seem to backstop a team to a Stanley Cup?

(Tom Barasso, Ed Belfour, Dominik Hasek, Tim Thomas, Brayden Holtby)

This makes a total of three cards from this set in my collection.
One of the better Artifacts card designs, in my opinion.













Semyon Varlamov
2013-14 Panini Contenders #18

Thought I already had this card of Semyon Varlamov...
(Turns out I have his Panini Prizm card from the same year)

2013-14 Panini Contenders
Total Cards: 287

Overall, it's a half decent looking card. The Photoshop effect almost looks like a pencil drawing, which is kinda neat. Including the back of the card however, they've managed to use the same photo three times...















Eric Fichaud, Zigmund Palffy, Todd Bertuzzi
3 Star Selection
1996-97 Collector's Choice #323
New York Islanders card, featuring the combination of an unpopular team logo with a highly controversial player...

Have mixed feelings tucking this one into my collection, but every hockey card is a piece of history, pretty or not.




No comments:

Post a Comment