Sunday, February 2, 2025

Shadow Games...

Groundhog Day


Mark Messier
2002-03 Pacific #256
Feelin' a bit like Bill Murray with a serious case of Deja-Vu.


Shane Corson is an excellent shadow-man, and he makes a cameo appearance on several players' cards within 2002-03 Pacific...

To find the same player harassing FOUR star players within a 410 card set, it's actually rather impressive. A very neat occurrence.

(Having nearly collected 75% of the set, would be amused to find Corson on other cards)

Here's Shane Corson making sure his Mark doesn't make a Mess of the scoresheet...

















Vincent Damphousse
2002-03 Pacific #332
I used to get Shayne Corson and Vincent Damphousse mixed up.

They were born in 1966 and 1967 respectively...
Both of them are former first round picks (8th and 6th).

But I believe the confusion arose by the fact that each played for Toronto, Edmonton and Montreal - And BOTH of them wore 21 for Edmonton at some point...

They were also traded for one another during the 1992 offseason.

















Shayne Corson
(with Jeremy Roenick cameo)
2002-03 Pacific #358
On Shayne Corson's actual card within this 2002-03 Pacific set, he's checking Jeremy Roenick.

























Jaromir Jagr
2002-03 Pacific #392
Coach: "I want you all over that guy like cheese on a pizza."

Certainly not the first card I've seen of Jaromir Jagr being "Czeched" by one of the other team's best defensive players...

The card earns a bonus point for pizza ad on the boards.

Also noticing that many stripes adorn the socks of Toronto's turn of the Century uniforms.














No comments:

Post a Comment