Tuesday, March 7, 2023

The World in Your Hands...

Brad Richards
2004-05 Upper Deck
All-World Edition #25
2004-2005 Upper Deck All World Edition
Total Cards: 120


Another obscure little hockey card set that I knew nothing about until acquiring a random handful of cards.

Looking back to the NHL lockout that caused the entire 2004-05 NHL season to be lost...

Many familiar NHL players played hockey overseas to help stay in game form.

When I first saw this card, thought it looked like Brad Richards playing for the Minnesota Wild...

It's actually the uniform of Ak Bars Kazan of the Russian Super League.

Apparently, Richards' Tampa Bay teammates Khabibulin and Lecavalier also joined that team for the season.









Hakaan Loob
2004-05 Upper Deck
All-World Edition #55

I only knew about this guy because of a random 80s card that I added to my collection (1984-85 O-Pee-Chee #229)

Hakaan Loob left the NHL in 1989. Here he is nearing age 45 playing for Farjestad BK of Sweden.




















Alex Tanguay
2004-05 Upper Deck
All-World Edition #81

With so many ads on the apparel, looks just like NASCAR...
Alex Tanguay (a member of the Colorado Avalanche at the time) joined HC Lugano of the Swiss National League.











No comments:

Post a Comment