![]() |
| Pat Jablonski 1992-93 Upper Deck #458 |
1992-93 Upper Deck
Total Cards: 640
LAST CARDS NEEDED:
Once again, was missing cards from Series 2.
A couple players from expansion teams Tampa Bay Lighting and Ottawa Senators were needed to finish the set.
Both teams posed for photographs in Series 1, with action snapshots appearing in Series 2.
Coincidentally, Dave Archibald makes a cameo on Pat Jablonski's card, and I needed both of their cards to complete my set.
A rolling puck is visible in this snapshot, although neither the player nor goaltender appear to know where it is at this very moment.
![]() |
| Dave Archibald 1992-93 Upper Deck #473 |
Coincidentally, the 2020-21 Ottawa Senators have reverted to using their original uniforms and logo from their NHL debut in the 1992-93 season.
Figured that I'd never have this set in its' entirety... The cost per
pack seemed too much back in 1992-93 for this set containing over 600 cards. A couple decades later, hundreds of cards can be found for the price of what a few pack
used to be.
![]() |
| Paul Kariya RC 1992-93 Upper Deck #586 |
Found a Paul Kariya rookie card for a great price.
Knew I'd eventually need it to complete my set.
Had no idea that I'd be stumbling upon the remaining cards later that day.
![]() |
| Washington Capitals Checklist (Don Beaupre) 1992-93 Upper Deck #23 |
Illustrations of star players featured on team checklists, random historical cards, Rookie Reports, Star Rookies, World Juniors, Russian Stars... This set is often criticized for having too many fragmented subsets
within the main set.
While I can clearly see how true this is, I have fond memories of first
discovering this set back in the day, and appreciating all the random pieces to a
mysterious jigsaw puzzle.
![]() |
| Dominik Hasek 1992-93 Upper Deck #366 |
This set also contains three cards of Dominik Hasek, two of which are in a Hawks uniform. Series 2 features him as a member of the Buffalo Sabres.
Bonus point for the Budweiser ad on the boards.
![]() |
| Alexander Mogilny 1992-93 Upper Deck #167 |
FAVORITE CARD?
Just not possible to choose a favorite card in this awesome set...
Some of my favorites are ones I've had forever.
Might also be the nostalgia, but I did pull some amazing cards back then.
With the beauty of photographs like this, it was apparent that Upper Deck would dominate the hockey card industry.
![]() |
| Pavel Bure 1992-93 Upper Deck #156 |
Veteran defenseman Al Iafrate can't keep up with the speedy young Pavel Bure.
![]() |
| Jim Hrvinak 1992-93 Upper Deck #151 |
This card is one that I didn't have in my youth, but acquired several copies while building this set. Can't help but repeatedly notice this card every time I see it.
![]() |
| Jim Hrvinak 1992-93 Upper Deck #151 (card back) |
The back of the card also shows a nice action photo.









No comments:
Post a Comment