![]() |
| Martin Straka 2003-04 Upper Deck Ice #40 |
Base Card Numbers: 1-100
(Serial Numbered Rookies: 101-130)
Total Cards: 130
Have only two cards from this set... Surprising that I don't have more, as I collected pretty hardcore that season. (also have most of the Upper Deck Ice base cards from 2005-06 thru 2009-10)
Originally drafted by the Pittsburgh Penguins, Martin Straka was traded to the Senators and eventually the Islanders. He signed with the Panthers, and during his second stint with the Penguins, was traded to the Los Angeles Kings.
He would only play 32 games in a Kings uniform.
Following the lockout, he joined the Rangers for the final 3 seasons of his career.
![]() |
| Nikolai Khabibulin 2003-04 Upper Deck Ice #79 |
The eventual 2003-04 Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightning only had 2 players featured in this set. (Lecavalier and Khabibulin)
Tampa Bay's team color is blue, which probably looks best with this UD Ice set design.
This would be only the fifth release of the Upper Deck Ice brand. Upper Deck Ice
was not produced during 2004-05 (lockout year) nor 2006-07.
(After an
absence during the 2012-13 shortened season, the brand had been released from 2013-14 thru 2019-20)
![]() |
| Nikolai Khabibulin 2003-04 Upper Deck Ice #79 (card back) |
Overall, I like the look of the cards... I realize the back mirrors the front, but it just looks a bit too weird for my taste. Would probably add the set to my collection if I found it, but it's not at the top of my list.
The next two releases (2005-06 & 2007-08) would feature alternate photos on the back. (2008-09 would recycle the photo, while 2009-10 offers an alternate)



No comments:
Post a Comment