![]() |
| Marian Hossa 2016-17 Upper Deck #43 |
Surprisingly, I was only missing 24 cards from the 2016-17 Upper Deck base set.
Pretty incredible, considering I only busted open a single pack...
So where the hell did they all come from?
Had been accumulating them at a steady pace from re-packs, but you can't really build a set that way.
Since I'm only interested in base cards, had picked up an unsealed tin with a good number of "new" cards . Also got an opened box with loose cards around the same time. Even had the entire Series 2 given to me for free.
![]() |
| Artemi Panarin 2016-17 Upper Deck #40 |
During a mass acquisition a couple years ago, I scored a binder full of 2016-17 Upper Deck. It was actually the entire Series 1, with the cards slightly out of order. Just going through it now, I was sitting on a completed set without realizing it.
Noticed a ski hat like this one on a member of the crowd on the Hossa card above.
Bonus point for the black war paint.
![]() |
| Cam Ward 2016-17 Upper Deck #34 |
Like the pirate skeleton on Ward's mask.
Looks especially awesome with the Canes' black jerseys.
![]() |
| Jaromir Jagr 2016-17 Upper Deck #81 |
The NHL's 2nd all-time leading scorer...
Played a full season with the Florida Panthers, before briefly joining the Calgary Flames for 22 games in 2017-18.
He left the NHL after playing for NINE different franchises.
While long since "retired" from the NHL, old man Jagr is still racking up points overseas in the Czech League (EHL).
At this rate, it seems like he'll keep rockin' forever. He's like the Keith Richards of hockey...
![]() |
| Checklist (Sidney Crosby, Joe Pavelski) 2016-17 Upper Deck #199 |
"Retro" Penguins uniforms, with the teal blue of the San Jose Sharks... Takes me right back to the 90s.
Checklists are another dislike of mine - But I feel the Stanley Cup Playoffs don't get nearly enough attention on cardboard, so I actually do enjoy cards like this.
Stanley Cup Finalists, with Stanley Cup Finals badges visible.





No comments:
Post a Comment