Friday, May 5, 2023

The Mummy Returns...

Stephane Fiset
1996-97 Select Certified #8

Quite a find for Freaky Mask Friday.
Was surprised to unearth this card...

Had heard about a Stephane Fiset "Mummy Mask".
Wasn't aware that I had a card entombed in my collection.

From 1996-97 Select Certified, it must have been the rather distracting "REMOVE PROTECTIVE FILM" text that prevented me from noticing it.

Of course I'm leaving the film on...
I enjoy keeping my stuff as "mint" as possible - And I especially enjoy not following directions.



















Stephane Fiset
1997-98 Pinnacle Inside #23
UER: Secondary photo is Jamie Storr

Mummy Brought Back to Life...

Found yet ANOTHER Egyptian Death Mask, this time from 1997-98 Pinnacle Inside.

(Didn't take much digging, as I only have several cards from the 190 card set)

This one's an Uncorrected Error - But it still counts as a "Mummy Mask" on an LA Kings goalie helmet.

















Stephane Fiset
1997-98 Pinnacle Inside #23
(card back)
UER: Photo on back is Jamie Storr

It's Stephane Fiset's card - But apparently the masked photo is of Jamie Storr (who's mask was featured previously in a previous post).

I find this especially cool - We get to appreciate some Ancient Egyptian art... Possibly brought back to life through some supernatural magic (or because the company screwed up).
























The only OTHER Kings' goalie said to have worn a "Mummy Mask" would be Robb Stauber - Who has just 47 cards to his name (according to TCDB.com). None of Stauber's cards appear to depict him actually wearing such a mask, however.


No comments:

Post a Comment