Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Diamonds are Forever...

Steve Ruccin
1996-97 Upper Deck Black Diamond #20
1996-97 Upper Deck Black Diamond
Total Cards: 180

Found a couple cards from the very first release of Upper Deck Black Diamond. The brand has survived rather steadily, with new set released just about every year.

Overall, I like this set design. Just shiny & cool enough without going overboard.

Player name could be a bit easier to read, but I tend to let it slide when familiar with the players of the era. Still, I'd prefer to see the dude's name in place of the team name, and vice versa.









Steve Ruccin
1996-97 Upper Deck Black Diamond #20(card back)
Always enjoy seeing a player's jersey number match the card number. (Although legible, the card number could stand to be a few font sizes larger)

Several players in this set have the same card number as their jersey number. Just to name a few:

#1 Turek
#2 Fetisov
#7 Leschyshyn
#33 Draper
#35 Richter
#41 Thibault


No comments:

Post a Comment