Monday, March 30, 2020

Goalie Card Backs (1992-93 Upper Deck)

Andrei Trefilov
1992-93 Upper Deck #345
While I may have at least one copy of every numbered card from 1992-93 Upper Deck, looking through my "completed"  set binder, I discovered a handful of cards with the UD logo and text hologram (as opposed to the more desirable UD logo hologram).

For the sake of consistency, checked my duplicates box for "replacement" cards to swap into my binder, in hopes of building a uniform set. Found everything I needed except for two cards. Considering that 1992-93 Upper Deck is one of my favorite sets, I actually look forward to completing it - again.

During the process, I also came to enjoy a couple snasphots of goaltenders representing their countries, both of them future NHL

First one is of Russian netminder Andrei Trefilov. Love the aerial shot of this stick save on the doorstep, goalie sprawled out to make it happen.








Tommy Soderstrom
1992-93 Upper Deck #377
Simply terriffic shot of a glove save. Even more impressive considering that this photo of Sweden's Tommy Soderstrom was taken during a non-NHL international tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment