![]() |
| Paul Kariya 1999-00 Upper Deck MVP Stanley Cup Edition #SC1 |
Not a fan of industry-driven chase cards... But I found a few inserts from the 1999-00 Upper Deck MVP Stanley Cup Edition set.
Yes, it's obscure, the name is ridiculously long, and I really can't explain why I enjoy this set so much...
Was only hoping to add some cards to my base set, but these were a bonus.
"Stanley Cup Talent"
Subset: 20 cards
Inserted 1:5 packs
The insert cards did not scan well - They look brutal.
In hand, they actually look half decent.
Again, my only criticism of this charming little set is the player selection - Full of names and faces that I do not associate with the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Here's a couple of guys who actually meet the criteria:
I immediately picked Paul Kariya as one of my favorites... Then I realized that this card was released a few years before Kariya and the Mighty Ducks made an unforgettable appearance in the Stanley Cup Finals...
Still, the loss was a stepping stone for the team to hoist the Cup a few years later (even if Kariya figured he had a better chance of winning a Championship in Colorado)
![]() |
| Jaromir Jagr 1999-00 Upper Deck MVP Stanley Cup Edition #SC14 |
Jagr won the Stanley Cup as a teenager, on a team loaded of future Hall of Famers.
Still, he's become somewhat of an ageless wonder - Almost like the Keith Richards of the hockey world.


No comments:
Post a Comment