Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Two of my Finest, Cheapest Cards (part 1)

Mark Tinordi
1994-95 Finest #25
1994-95 Finest
Total Cards: 165

More cards covered with a layer of plastic film. Both of them happen to be defencemen from two different years of the same brand, Topps Finest.

From the card front:
"TOPPS FINEST PROTECTOR
PEEL AND REMOVE COATING"

Just neat to have a couple of these relics in my collection (especially with the plastic intact), although I don't think I'd be interested in collecting an entire set or anything.











Mark Tinordi
1994-95 Finest #25
(card back)
Overall, the design is solid. Even the back of the card is colorful, interesting, has all the vitals and manages to squeeze in an alternate photo. It does all this without appearing cluttered. They only list the previous season's stats, but the card has enough visual appeal to make up for it.

The only thing I dislike is the placement of the card number. As a set builder, I feel that the card number belongs in the top left corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment