Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Two of my Finest, Cheapest Cards (part 2)

Sergei Zubov
1995-96 Finest #171
1995-96 Finest
Total Cards: 191

I like the previous year's design just a tad more than this one... This one still looks cool, but I just don't understand why the word "DEFENDERS" needs to take up so much space... I actually thought this was an Insert Card.


From the back of the card:
 "Sergei will stand up to the puck carrier at his blue line to force the play. If he creates a turnover, Sergei will quickly get involved in a transition game."








Sergei Zubov
1995-96 Finest #171
(card back)
An alternate shot of the player on the reverse side, taking up half the card - Which isn't necessarily a bad thing... The stats and bio are quite good, though a bit difficult to read over the background.

Career stats are there, and there's something interesting that I've never seen before - The line that would normally contain the stats from last season has been replaced by the players statistics at that year's NHL All-Star break. When this set was printed, that info would have been more up-to date than other cards released that year.








No comments:

Post a Comment